What A Perfect Pair
It feels soooo good to be back completely. I did have a lot happening all at once after the last post and have now had the time to de-stress and push out some lovely posts again.
I do have a lot lined up for you guys and hope you like them all.
So now without further ado, Life's Ultimate Soulmates: Cookies and Milk.
The cookies today are a rendition of my mom's Chocolate Chip cookies, but are Chocolate and Butterscotch Chip Cookies:
Let's gather our weapons of choice in the kitchen:
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of butterscotch Chipits ( or you can use any style for your chip of the cookie)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
Grab yourselves a whisk ( or hand mixer or mixer ), 2 large bowls and a spatula.
Now that we have gathered everything. Time to get baking!
- In one of the bowls, beat the butter till it is soft. Next up, add the vanilla and both sugars. Mix that up! Add one egg at a time, and beat them.
- In the other bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add that mixture into the first bowl and continue to mix.
- Now you can add in those delish chips! Mix that around so that chips are evenly in the batch.
- Put that bowl of yummy goodness into the fridge for 1 hr to chill.
Now all the hard work is over, you can relax, have a preemptive glass of milk or whatever you choose. And in an hour you can preheat the oven to 375 degrees (Fahrenheit). Roll up the dough in some small balls or if you have a cookie ball spoon and pop them on a tray and in the oven for 8 minutes. When they come out, let them chill before transferring them to a rack.
Tip: Keep the dough bowl in the fridge when the cookies are baking to keep chill.
And now you have yourselves some delicious batch of cookies! ( This should make 50 cookies, but that depends how small or how big you make the balls)
The best part is enjoy all that hardwork!
Now off I go, to curl up with some milk and cookies and pop on a movie. Happy Afternoon everyone!
Haveba fantastic weekend lovelies!