It's beginning to smell alot like Christmas
It is almost the holidays, my house and my parents house are starting to smell like Christmastime. For reference, I mean because of all the cookies being baked. My family has always been so big on baking during the holidays. My mom makes a ton of different types of cookies and puts them in the freezer till it's time to share.
One type of cookie she makes that screams Christmas to our family is her Cheery Cherry Cookies. It is a staple in our household. And it's just not Christmas without them.
So this year is no different. The first batch of cookies she made were her special cookies. I will not lie to you, I snuck some to snack on while I was taking the photos for this. Addictive stuff I swear.
My Christmas gift to you all, is sharing the wealth of cookies. Specifically this type of cookie.
What You Are Going To Need:
- 3/4 cup of soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of chopped mixed red and green Maraschino cherries
- 2 1/2 cups of sifted flour
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Now let's get baking:
- To start you will beat the butter, sugar, and egg together until it is fluffy.
- Stir in the almond extract and cherries.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together into the mixture and blend well.
- Shape the dough into 2 rolls about 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill well.
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- Cut rolls into slices and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- These bake for about 10-12 minutes.
Look what you got there, some very Cheery Cherry Cookies to enjoy with some warm drinks. And who wouldn't want to curl up with some yummy cookies and hot cocoa.
Next cookie I will be making is some Soft Gingerbread Cookies. Watch out for that post, it will be very Festive.
Enjoy the yummy snacks, and maybe these will be a tradition for your family from now on too!